Making Exercise Fun
The key to making exercise work for you is to get into a solid routine. Most people will start off with good intentions but then fall in the wayside. One of the reasons that people become disinterested in exercise is that it no longer becomes any fun.
Making exercise more fun is key to keeping your exercise routine going strong for a longer time. There are several ways that you can make exercise more fun. Here are some tips you can use:
* Exercise with a friend- One of the nice things about exercising at the health club is that there are many other people there. You can either make friends at the health club or bring a friend along, an exercise buddy. You and your exercise buddy can keep each other motivated and you can pass the time easier if you are talking that if you are just working out.
* Listen to music -Either use an MP3 player or a portable CD player when working out so that you can enjoy the music that you like. You will actually start to enjoy working out if you are listening to something pleasing and there is nothing like good music to put you in a good and energetic mood.
* Try different classes at the health club -This will not only broaden your horizons, but will eliminate the boredom of routine. While some people reject change, others get bored with doing the same thing over and over. If you find that your exercise routine has become boring, do not give it up - just add a little zip to it by trying something new.
* Watch a movie - If exercising at home, put on your favorite DVD or video and watch it when exercising. This will help pass the time and give you something to enjoy during your routine. If you have a series on DVD, you may choose to put this on whenever you exercise that will give you a pleasant association with exercising.
* Use your imagination - If you are swimming, imagine that you are in an Olympic competition. If you are running, imagine that you are chasing someone or someone is chasing you. Set little goals for yourself if you are bike riding and imagine that you are trekking through the mountains. By using a little bit of imagination, you can add fun to your workout routine.
Do not allow yourself to get bored with your exercise routine. Make sure that you continue with the routine and simply add a bit of change in the routine to spice it up. You can incorporate fun into your exercise routine whether you are exercising at home or in the gym.
It is important that you enjoy your exercise routine and that it is something you look forward to doing each day. If you are finding yourself dreading the idea of exercise, ask yourself why. Perhaps you can change your time routine instead of the actual exercises themselves. Or, perhaps, it is time to try something different.
When you start to see the difference in your physique as well as the improvement in your mental condition, this will give you an added incentive towards exercising. By associating pleasant thoughts or activities, such as your favorite music or film, you will find that you actually look forward to your exercise routine and will find yourself lost without it.