Reasons To Exercise
Exercise not only contributes to our physical health, but our mental health as well. Here are some of the best reasons why you should begin an exercise routine:
1. Promotes weight loss - Dieting without exercising is a waste of time. You need to incorporate cardio vascular exercises to promote weight loss. Cardio vascular exercises include anything that really gets your heart going like stair stepping, rowing, running and jumping. When you work off a sweat, you are burning calories. Make sure that you drink plenty of water when doing cardio vascular exercises so as to replenish fluids lost in sweat;
2. Increases your energy level - You may think that exercising in the morning will drain you of your energy, but just the opposite is true. You will actually find that you have more energy when you exercise vigorously in the morning and that energy will carry you through the day;
3. Alleviates stress- Nothing beats stress like a good workout. Most of us face stress throughout our lives and we can actually work it out by exercising. Both cardio vascular exercising and low impact exercising can alleviate stress;
4. Tones muscles -If you want to see toned muscles, you have to do some low impact stretching exercises such as Pilates. Pilates concentrate on the muscles and stretch them to the limit, giving them a sharp tone. Sit ups are also incorporated into Pilates. If you want those six pack abs, you need to tone up your abdomen with sit ups and Pilates;
5. Eliminates back pain - Much lower back pain is due to inactivity. One way to eliminate lower back pain is through exercise. People who are sedentary tend to complain more of aches and pains, especially in the back, than those who are active;
6. Keeps your heart healthy - If you want to keep your ticker ticking, make sure that you get plenty of exercise. Exercising promotes blood flow and keeps your heart pumping better and stronger;
7. Staves off depression and anxiety - Exercise not only improves your physical being, but also your mental being as well. Exercise raises your endorphins which are said to control the chemical process in your brain. In addition to raising your energy level, exercise is a natural mood booster, and much safer than any pills. Whether you are suffering from anxiety or depression, or both, exercise is a must to help stave off these common complaints;
8. Gets rid of cellulite - Those pockets of flesh on your thigh and buttocks are cellulite. This condition can easily be eliminated though exercise. Getting the blood flow back into those areas works well to get rid of cellulite and you should notice the results within a week.
9. Staves off disease - The medical community believes that the possibility of getting some diseases, including diabetes and some cancers, can be reduced by steady exercise.
10. Improves concentration -Because exercise raises your serotonin levels, you will find yourself able to have a better memory as well as improved concentration.
When you feel good about yourself, both mentally and physically, you will also develop confidence in yourself. This will be reflected to others who will pick up on your new found confidence and find you more attractive. Exercises has so many benefits that it is foolish not to incorporate exercise into your daily routine right away.